Report Writing Training Programme
Join NRF Skillnet and The Communications Clinic for this half day workshop – a training programme that will enable participants to write high quality business reports and documents in a consistent and repeatable manner.
The Workshop format:
- Half-day writing skills webinar
- Individual follow-up sessions for each participant with a consultant from The Communications Clinic.
In advance of the initial session, each participant will submit a sample of a report or other relevant document they have written (or will have to write soon). This will be carefully reviewed by the Communications Clinic, assessed and feedback provided for each participant.
**Please note that submission of a sample in advance is mandatory to ensure there are no delays during the remote programme.
During the actual workshop, participants will be asked to rewrite their writing samples based on learnings from the webinar. They would then be invited to participate in a 30 minute one-on-one follow-up session with a consultant from The Communications Clinic, to ensure the principles identified in the webinar were understood and applied.
At the end of this training, each participant will:
- – Know how to identify and research different audiences’ interests, concerns and needs
- – Understand the principles of effective communication
- – Know what is important and necessary when taking notes
- – Know where to access spelling and grammar checking resources
- – Be competent to check grammar and spelling quickly
- – Understand how to format documents and reports in line with recipients’ requirements
- – Understand how to achieve comprehension on the part of the reader
- – Understand how to gauge the appropriate style and length of reports through short focused research
- – Be able to structure documentation for ease of understanding and to ensure greatest impact/retention
- – Have practiced writing documents after assessment
- – Have practiced proofing and editing their own written documentation
- – Know the importance of editing written communications, and how to do this quickly and effectively
- – Be able to convey the critical elements of effective written communication to their readers
- – Represent themselves and the NRF in a professional manner in all their written materials
Please note that 2 courses will run and only 6 participants are permitted on each course to ensure maximum attention and feedback for students on Zoom sessions.
Group 1: Tuesday 15th June
Time: 10am – 1pm
Group 2: Wednesday 16th June
Time: 10am – 1pm
Format: Zoom Webinar
Cost: €100 per person
Early booking is recommended as places are strictly limited.
**This course is subsidised by NRF Skillnet.