Video Production & Presentation Skills Workshop
We are living in a highly digital age and video is currently the most consumed content across all platforms.
But it looks so complicated to do yourself, right? That’s where you’re wrong and Rathdown Media Institute will teach you how!
VIDEO PRODUCTION & PRESENTATION SKILLS
The Rathdown Media Institute teaches with the ‘learn by doing’ approach, in an interactive and practical teaching environment.
In this workshop, learn how to make short, professional looking and sounding videos and gain the confidence to make your own videos….all just using your SMARTPHONE!
The course is constructed over 2 x 1 hour LIVE Zoom calls (1 week apart) alongside a 7 module course of video lessons on their Teachable platform. All this is combined with 2 practical assignments with strict deadlines, email feedback and Q&A during the LIVE classes. Participants will learn how to make 2 types of video on their phones (iPhone or Android) – 1) A video interview or self-presentation and 2) a video story with 4 shots.
- Each participant will learn how to present, record, edit and upload a short (1 minute approx.) video from their smartphone to their website / social media
- Participants will learn how to add text, logos, transitions, music and voiceovers to their videos
- Learn how to use recommended equipment (tripod/microphone) to ensure good, steady shots and great quality sound
- – Extra equipment costing €100 approx. is not mandatory but is recommended. Participants will be able to avail of a 10% discount from a supplier the Rathdown Media Institute use.
- – The 7 extra video modules can be covered within 1.5 hours yourself and Module 4 includes a bespoke lesson on Presenting to Camera and ‘tips’ for a studio environment for making self-presented videos
Please note that 2 courses will run concurrently and only 6 participants are permitted on each course to ensure maximum attention and feedback for students on Zoom sessions.
Dates: Monday 19th and Monday 26th April
Time: Group 1: 2.30pm – 3.30pm both days
Group 2: 4pm – 5pm both days
Format: Zoom Webinar
Cost: €125 per person
Early booking is recommended as places are strictly limited.
**This course is subsidised by NRF Skillnet.